Agile Joints - Dog Arthritis and Joint Support
Helps to support your dog’s mobility and joint health
- May help alleviate the discomfort associated with normal, daily exercise and activity.
- Helps maintain flexibility and normal, comfortable motion
- Addresses joints, cartilage, ligaments and joint fluid
- May benefit normal recovery following orthopedic surgery
- Appropriate for dogs of all ages
What is Canine Arthritis?
Dogs frequently suffer from arthritis. If your pet has this condition, his joints will become inflamed (swollen) and painful as the cartilage and connective tissues of his joints slowly break down.
Warning signs that your dog is suffering from arthritis include a reluctance to stand up or climb stairs. Other telltale signs of canine arthritis include:
- Your dog favors one side of his body
- Limping, especially when he first gets up
- Swollen joints (especially the hips)
- Reduced appetite
- Aversion to being touched or petted
- Your dog loses interest in activities he previously enjoyed: running, swimming, playing, etc.
Large breeds of dogs tend to suffer from arthritis more often than smaller breeds. This is probably due simply to the extra weight and stress on the joints of larger breeds. What’s less clear is why purebred dogs – particularly males – suffer from canine arthritis more often than mixed breeds.
There’s no way to entirely eliminate the risk of canine arthritis. But as a pet owner, you can reduce the risk (or severity) by ensuring your dog gets plenty of regular exercise, without overdoing it. This will help keep your dog's joints healthy and well lubricated. It’ll also keep him from becoming overweight, which tends to make matters worse.
We Also Recommend